Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

how to prepare myself for ielts test

ONESEVEN

China

I want to enter for ielts test ,but I do not how to do it.help me !    thank you

01:04 PM Jan 23 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Stacy Dan

Stacy Dan

Australia

Well,it is very nice to help you solve this problem.Actually,i myself also have to take the IELTS test this year,so i may feel very honable to share my study stratergy with you though i am not sure whether it is helpful.

Firstly,you have to enlarge your vocabulary,which means that you may have to memorize at least 7000 words to get a score of 6.0,surely,if you are just a high school student or middle school student,then all the basic words are enough,and still ,you can choose to take an english course when you are abroad,it all dependes on how many scores you want to get,just like meself,i want to apply for the Sydney University,so i work very hard so as to get a score of 7.5,and also the other courses have to be very good.

Second,you shall enhance your skills in the following four parts: Listening comprehension,Spoken english,Reading comprehension,and Writing.All of the four parts are your basis of getting a good score,if you have not prepared well enough,then you might need to make a study plan,which is for self-study,and remember to register early,because there are so many people to register each month!

Third,relax yourself and just do a lot of exercises ,they will make you look like really having an ielts test,being confident is also a secret!

Wish you great success! 

01:30 PM Jan 23 2008 |