Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

hog

Kenith

Australia

Hi there,

any difference between “hog”,”pig” and “swine”? I’ve seen some other words for pigs, but can’t remember now…and can all of them be used as swear words? or only a few of them can be used as swear words?

Thanks a lot,
Kenith

08:18 AM Jul 15 2001 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Bess

United States

There isn’t a whole lot of difference between hog, pig and swine. But swine usually refers to more than one pig or hog. I guess you could use them as swear words, even though it wouldn’t be very nice! :) In America, some people refer to policeman as ‘pigs’- and it is meant in a very mean way.
Hope this helps!!
-Bess

04:14 PM Jul 15 2001 |

SwearWords

Canada

They can also be swear words. Hog can mean penis in slang, to smoke a hog is oral sex. As for, pig, it can be a woman who has many sexual partners.

For more on other swear words just reach out to me @SwearWordsESL on twitter. 

Want to learn how to speak English the way it is spoken in the real world? Then you need to know how to swear. 
Swear Words ESL podcast provides 10 minute lessons which include new vocabulary, pronunciation and video extensions. Use it to supplement your existing ESL course or as a way to learn independently.
follow us on twitter @SwearWordsESL. Reach out to us, we are real people and will respond, orhead over to our blog site, http://swearwordsesl.libsyn.com/swearwordsESL/swear-words-esl-podcast

12:56 PM Jul 22 2014 |