Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

ESSAY

maremondini

Brazil

Hi, friends! how are you doin'?!

I'd like you to help me write good essays!! It's been a long time I don't write long compositions, and now I do need to write well!! I started to practice again by making simple ones, and I intend to improve them day after day… As I know everybody is interested in writing well in English, I'll post one simple composition here and I'd be glad if you helped me correct it and gave suggestions!!

Why do you think people attend college or university? An university is possibly the best place to meet the most different kinds of people. Each one of them has an history, a lifestyle, a dream, a goal. Although there may be different motivations to be there, it is possible to point out some reasons why people attend an university or a college.The first one that makes people search for an undergraduate course is the high qualification that companies and the work market have been demanding from professionals who want to join them. As the consumer markets have become more competitive – due to demanding clients and an increasing number of competitors aiming to attract them – companies require excellent professionals to work at their departments. Such context makes people search for a good college which will best prepare them to compete for good opportunities in the near future.Besides this need of the work market, another reason people attend an university or a college that must be taken into consideration is the wish of making a childhood dream come true. Since the first years of their lives, many people have desired to turn out a doctor, an actor, a lawyer, a teacher and many other professionals. Many times, they still have such dream when they become adults and, in the end of the high school years, people give their first step to achieve their goal: they join the university.There are many other reasons people go to college, such as new experiences and the contact with different sorts of individuals. Whatever the motivation may be, it is sure that taking an opportunity like that is a great and wise idea.

03:22 AM Nov 17 2008 |