Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Immigration and Emigration

91patii

91patii

Poland

Hello guysss ;)
I want to know your opinion about immigration and emigration :)

1. What do you think about leaving the country ?
2. Does your country ( people ) is kind to accept foreign ?  

08:35 PM Oct 29 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kowatch

kowatch

Hungary

1. I think leaving country is sometimes necessary. A lot of people go to other country because of bad economy, unemployment, war or discrimination. Maybe in other place people can get job with better salary and have normal or better life than in their homeland. 

In Hungary my future doesn’t seem good but I don’t plan to go abroad and live there. I’m not able to leave my family and friends here. However I never disapprove to go away.

2. I think people accept foreign but I don’t understand why somebody wants to come here.

09:40 PM Oct 29 2012 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

Thank you so much :)

Well. In Poland there’s no future I think, however on the other hand, if you want and you have luck in your life, you can find a well-paid job, as well as your husband/wife and then you can live. I think the worst is to buy a flat or a house for the beginning :/

I think people come to Poland because it’s very beautiful country! :) :D but if it comes to work..I dont know . :D

10:35 PM Oct 29 2012 |

English_learner

United States

Well it’s always a very hard decision to make, when it comes to leave your home land, people whom you lived with for ages, and your memories behind and head to a new different country with a new culture.. But sometimes as you referred people do it, due to the bad economy in their own country, in short, people wanna have a better life standard!

All in all no matter how bad you think your countries are (European Union) I still think it’s much better than alot of countries, and that’s the main reason why alot of people travel to Europe, for a better life style or atleast to search for the rights they lost in their own country. 

11:05 PM Oct 29 2012 |

frank0911

frank0911

China

1.I guess people just want to know a new culture or life.It’s a adventure for people like me.

2.As I know,people in here would love to accept foreign,don’t care wherever you from.

PS: Economic situation is that bad?

03:00 AM Oct 30 2012 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

—> ARNER

Well, yeah, I know that a lot of people come to Europe….Well, I know that people from russia go to Poland cause for them here it’s better life ^^ So… :p

And will you ever decide to leave your own country ?
For ever? or just for few years just to earn money? 

03:30 PM Oct 30 2012 |

kowatch

kowatch

Hungary

Maybe for few years. You can practice English and gain work-experience. You can get a good job easily in your country with these.

What about you? Do you plan to live abroad? Have you worked there?

08:59 PM Oct 30 2012 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

Well…if it comes to me, I think it depends.
I have been abroad and when I left Poland it was like “ohh, finally I’m leaving this country for a while” but then I missed it so much! and I was incredible happy when I had return flight to Poland. so I really don’t know..I haven’t been with my bf abroad…so maybe if I were with him, I would be happier and I could live there.

Well…now I have to finish my studies, if then I can’t find any well-paid job…maybe leaving my country will be necessary. 

I haven’t worked abroad ;) 

09:41 PM Oct 30 2012 |

Eleniya

Eleniya

Russian Federation

As for me, I wouldn’t like to live abroad. I love my country, though I don’t like the state itself and government and politics.

Happiness is in our hands and no way to run away from yourself. There is no place which make you happy, there is only you who can make you happy.

I only would like to travel all over the world, to watch different countries, cultures, that’s all.

08:34 AM Nov 06 2012 |