Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Greek Wedding TV

Greek Wedding TV

Date: Mar 04 2003

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding was a great film. Apparently it was so good that it’s being made into a TV show. “My Big Fat Greek Life?stars the full cast of the hit movie (except for John Corbett). Nia Vardalos returns as Fotoula Portokalos, a Greek woman who begins dating a non-Greek man, greatly upsetting her zany and hilarious family.
John watched the first episode of the TV show. Listen to him tell Anna what he thinks!

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

John

John

Anna

Anna

John:  Did you know they made a TV pilot about the movie the Big Fat Greek Wedding?

Anna:  No, I didn’t even know they were making one. Is it… copy the movie?

John:  Yeah, they made a sitcom about the, that popular movie. Did you ever see it?

Anna:  I saw the movie and I quite enjoyed it, but what is the story of the sitcom?

John:  It’s basically the same thing, but it’s terrible.

Anna:  Oh really, you don’t like it all. Why?

John:  No, it’s only going to be around for a few episodes.

Anna:  Do you know of any other movies that were successfully made into TV shows?

John:  No, and this isn’t one of them. I mean, the good thing about that movie is all the characters were so real, and now that it’s a sitcom there’s all this slapstick humor and it just doesn’t go over very well.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

John obviously disliked “My Big Fat Greek Life.? He doesn’t think it has much of a future. That’s too bad, because the movie was really good. It was one of the most popular and most loved films of 2002.
Not many movies have made the leap from a popular movie to a successful TV show. There are a few notable exceptions, such as M*_ASH_ and _Buffy the Vampire Slayer*_, but for the most part it’s a difficult transition. i hope “My Big Fat Greek Life?gets better and ends up being a great show that’s on TV for a long time.
See you at the movies!
Anna

Comments

alengrew

Germany

I like all tv shows that is based on Greek's life. Greek is one of my favorite tv shows. I have watched all new greek episodes that is so tremendous. 

05:45 AM Feb 22 2011 |

1 person likes this

mist64

mist64

Slovenia

Fotoula Portokalos is in love with Ian, which is kseno, as her father use to say. Very relaxing story about a girl and her  big, hilarious and loving family.

09:09 AM Jan 19 2008 |

Likes (1):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast