Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

The Love Bug

The Love Bug

Date: Jul 20 2004

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

Ever feel nostalgic? I do quite often these days. It seems like all I want to do is re-visit movies and events from the annals of American pop-cultural history. It’s so much fun to see what people were thinking about 25 years ago…just for fun! Anyways, I tried to get this one movie last weekend. See if you recognize it.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Derek

Derek

Steph

Derek:  Hey Stephanie, how’s it goin’?

Steph:  Oh not so good. I’m a little bit disappointed.

Derek:  How come?

Steph:  Well I went to the movie store to go get a movie. It was a movie from my childhood and I really wanted to see it.

Derek:  Did they just not have it any more?

Steph:  I dunno. I suppose I could go find it somewhere else, but I really wanted to see this one movie.

Derek:  What movie was it?

Steph:  It was a movie called The Love Bug. Have you ever seen it?

Derek:  The Love Bug. I think so. I saw it a long time ago.

Steph:  Yeah, it’s about a Volkswagen Bug. And this Bug, I think his name is Herbie, but it could be Kirby, but I’m pretty sure it’s Herbie. And, anyway he gets to travel all around the world. And he talks to you and it’s just so cool. Like, can you imagine having a car that talked and had a personality?

Derek:  That would be really interesting. Kind of scary though at the same time.

Steph:  Could be scary, I guess, but ya know you’d never have to ask for directions.

Derek:  This is true.

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

I was pretty upset that my movie wasn’t available. But you know what? The video store guy said that he would order it for me. You gotta love customer service in America. I’m probably one of the only people who have asked for that movie in the past 10-15 years. Now look at that. He’s going to procure it for me! I love this country!

Comments

Tia_swift

Tia_swift

China

Your posts are really helping  me to improve my english vocab as its not my native language but i have basic speaking knowledge of english. Thanks and i would love to read more blog of yours.

Thanks and regards

http://www.5editing.com.hk/

07:13 AM Jan 25 2017 |

jameshastings

United States

11:23 AM Dec 06 2016 |

Likes (1):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace