Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Face Swapping
Face Swapping

Learn English meaning of ‘face swapping’

Date: Mar 17 2017

Themes: Celebrity, Hobbies, Pop Culture

Grammar: Gerunds vs. Infinitives

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

What would you look like with different hairstyles? Have you ever wondered how you would look with different facial features? Now, modern technology can help you answer these questions. Face swapping has become so popular that there are now many face swapping apps. When you face swap, you take a picture of yourself. Then, the app trades your face with another face.

Of course, you can face swap with your family and friends. And you might get some creepy results. However, there are a variety of ways you can use face swapping apps. For example, you can even swap faces with a doll or mannequin. If you do this, you will need to decide if the results are hilarious or just disturbing.

Kelsey thinks that face swapping is really funny, but it freaks Gary out. Find out about their favorite face swaps in today’s English lesson.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Kelsey

Kelsey

Gary

Gary

Kelsey:  Hey, Gary! Have you tried face swapping, yet?

Gary:  That freaks me out! It is so disturbing!

Kelsey:  Have you tried it, yet?

Gary:  No! I’ve seen it though.

Kelsey:  Yeah, I know a lot of people think it’s disturbing, but I think it’s hilarious.

Gary:  So, the one that really freaked me out the most was a face swap of a guy and a doll… like a doll that a little child would play with kind-of thing. It looked… It was so weird.

Kelsey:  Yeah, it can be kind-of crazy, but I think it’s a cool way to see what different facial features and hairstyles look good on different people. I just like the variety that you can see when you face swap.

Gary:  The one thing that I do think is pretty neat about it is that you can try on your face on a mannequin, on another person… it’s weird to kind-of think about it that way…

Kelsey:  Yeah. I actually face swapped with Chris Pratt.

Gary:  No way!

Kelsey:  And it looked exactly like Heath Ledger, which I found really interesting.

Gary:  Well, show me some of your favorite ones.

Kelsey:  Um, OK… Here’s one that my friend did. He face swapped with someone, and then he took that photo and face swapped it with another person, so it looks really creepy.

Gary:  Yeah, that’s disturbing.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Gerunds vs. Infinitives" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Kelsey asks Gary if he has tried face swapping. Gary has not tried it because he thinks it is really disturbing. However, he has seen some pictures of face swapping. One of these pictures freaked him out. It was a face swap of a man and a doll, and it looked creepy.

Kelsey thinks that face swapping is really funny. She likes seeing herself with different hairstyles or facial features. In fact, she swapped faces with the famous actor Chris Pratt, and the result looked like another actor, Heath Ledger. Gary thinks this is actually quite funny. He asks Kelsey to show him some of her favorite face swapping pictures.

Have you tried face swapping? What hairstyle or facial characteristics do you want to try?

Comments

julito1

julito1

Argentina

Are  life so boring that some people to have some fun jump on a short-lived trend as Pokemon and face swapping? I am asking, I dunno.  

09:30 PM Mar 17 2017 |

mahtab49

mahtab49

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hahaha

I never did that and I like my face and hairstyle as it is now! 😄

Maybe face swapping is funny for others but for me it is creepy and disturbing!

05:01 AM Mar 17 2017 |

Likes (7):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast