Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Cat Treadmills
Cat Treadmills

Learn English meaning of ‘chase’

Date: Mar 30 2018

Themes: Friend, How To, Pets

Grammar: Adjectives

Intro

1. Learn Vocabulary - Learn some new vocabulary before you start the lesson.

Go Super to Listen Go Super!

2. Read and Prepare - Read the introduction and prepare to hear the audio.

We sure love our pets. There are many ways to pamper them. There are things such as pet restaurants, where your pet may enjoy a cooked meal. There are even pet hotels designed to meet all of your pets needs on vacation. But maybe one day, we realize we over pampered them. Maybe, they get fat.

Some people might just take their dog on a walk or let their cat go outside. But some others purchase a cat treadmill instead. Cat treadmills are regular treadmills for cats. You can tie a ball of catnip to the front, and your cat might run a mile trying to get it! Yet, are these really necessary?

Dominique just bought a cat treadmill. Listen as her and Nestor discuss in today’s English lesson.

Dialog

1. Listen and Read - Listen to the audio and read the dialog at the same time.

2. Study - Read the dialog again to see how the vocab words are used.

Dominique

Dominique

Nestor

Nestor

Dominique:  Nestor, guess what?

Nestor:  What?

Dominique:  I purchased a cat treadmill online, I already got it set up in my living room, and I’m using catnip as bait to get my kitty to run more so they can work out together.

Nestor:  You purchased a cat treadmill?

Dominique:  Yeah, she got really, really big eating a lot of catnip over the holidays.

Nestor:  Don’t you think that’s a little obsessive? Why not let your cat just go outside and chase rats around?

Dominique:  I don’t want a fat kitty cat! She’s big.

Nestor:  Well, I think cats should be in their natural environment, the alley! And I think you should not be keeping a cat inside and forcing it to run on a treadmill.

Dominique:  But, she’s huge!

Nestor:  You should love your cat the way they are.

Dominique:  I’ll love her after she loses some weight.

Nestor:  OK, well I’m not going to talk you out of this, but how much did you pay for this?

Dominique:  I mean, does it really matter how much I paid? I mean, it’s the thought that counts.

Nestor:  Well, if you think it’s worth it, then that’s fine with me.

Dominique:  Thanks.

Nestor:  I still think it’s a waste of money.

Dominique:  Well, she’s gonna look great after she loses all that weight.

Grammar Point

Go Super to learn "Adjectives" from this lesson Go Super!

Quizzes

Go Super to take Quiz Go Super!

Lesson MP3

Go Super to download full lesson MP3 Go Super!

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Discussion

Dominique bought a cat treadmill for her cat. She wants to work out together with her cat, and now she can! Plus, her cat got really big over the holidays eating catnip. Nestor asks if that’s a little obsessive. Why not just let her cat run around outside and chase rats? Dominique really doesn’t want her cat to be fat.

Nestor thinks cats should be in their natural environment in the outdoors. He doesn’t think Dominique should force her cat on a treadmill. He thinks she needs to love her kitty the way she is. Dominique says she will love her cat after she loses weight. Nestor asks her how much she paid for the cat treadmill. Dominique doesn’t say.

What do you think of cat treadmills? Would you buy your pet an exercise machine?

Comments

La Princesse de la vie

Egypt

I don’t think it’s logical to force a cat run on a treadmill. I don’t even know how a cat can do that!

I have 2 dogs. They run a lot and move all the time, so they’d never get fat. And I’d never buy them an exercise machine!

07:26 PM Apr 01 2018 |

1 person likes this

Likes (8):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog: