Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Let's talk about our life,work,hobbies, almost everything you want!

maysuntree

maysuntree

China

Hey, everyone!

I am a sweat girl living in the south of China and hope to use this website to meet people from around the world. I'll be telling you a bit about me if you want to know…

We can talk about our life,work,hobbies, almost everything you want in english.

Drop me a mail if these sounds good to you.

04:17 AM Jan 24 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

rooia

rooia

Iraq

hi maysun ,iam rooia from kurdistan of iraq,so lets be friend and know about each other,every thing u want.

write me soon

rooia

06:09 AM Jan 24 2007 |

hamed21

hamed21

United Kingdom

hi , i am Hamed , i interested in this topic. i wana join

07:21 AM Jan 24 2007 |

maysuntree

maysuntree

China

Hi, friends

Welcome to my topic. Today I wanna to tell you sth. about the most important festival in China.

The oldest and most important festival in China is the Spring Festival, just like Christmas in the West. All people living away from home go back, becoming the busiest time for transportation systems. Airports, railway stations and long-distance bus stations are crowded with home returnees.

Preparations for the New Year festival start during the last few days of the last moon. Houses are thoroughly cleaned, hair cut and new clothes bought. Doors are decorated with vertical scrolls of characters on red paper whose texts seek good luck and praise nature, this practice stemming from the hanging of peach-wood charms to keep away ghosts and evil spirits. 

So much for today, thanks for your joining.

09:59 AM Jan 24 2007 |

hamed21

hamed21

United Kingdom

sound interesting, in Iran we have a kind of celebration like this , but in our celebration all peaple should go to natural environment and they have to spend their day in nature environment place. i like it so much .that is in spring.

07:26 PM Jan 24 2007 |

maysuntree

maysuntree

China

In the Spring Festival the Chinese character "fu" (meaning blessing or happiness) is a must. The character put on paper can be pasted normally or upside down, for in Chinese the "reversed fu" is homophonic with "fu comes", both being pronounced as "fudaole." ”福到了”

03:17 AM Jan 25 2007 |

rooia

rooia

Iraq

really nice ,maysun my brother is living in china ,he came to china befor two months he also told me about that nice vesival ,in kurdistan of iraq also we have such avestival in during spring season ,it called (nawroz)it meanes new day ,people all will go out ,but to natural inviroment .i shall tell u more next time .

take care

rooia

04:58 PM Jan 26 2007 |

hamed21

hamed21

United Kingdom

hi , yes Noroz is a celebration for all persian. in all around of Iran we have this celebration. it is at the begining of the spring and i like it so much.

06:25 PM Jan 26 2007 |

maysuntree

maysuntree

China

That's cool! By the way, which city is your brother living, rooia? We have the same celebration in the spring!

04:23 AM Jan 27 2007 |

maysuntree

maysuntree

China

Do you have any traditional food in that festival? People in northern China will eat "Jiaozi",means bidding farewell to the old and ushering in the new! And southern Chinese eat "Niangao" on that occassion, means higher and higher, one year after another!

Let's talk about that traditonal food!^^

04:49 AM Jan 27 2007 |

suran

suran

Sri Lanka

I my country, Sri Lanka having a vast of traditional foos. Mainly based on the New year festival on April 13th and 14th each year. Foods are, Milk Rice (Kiribath), Oil cake( Kewum), Kokis, and many sweets. Best regards.

07:01 AM Jan 27 2007 |