Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

to gkisseberth, what did you think ?? and what do you think ??

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

GKISSEBERTH , Cool hi ,

LISTEN TO THAT HERE, CAREFULLY: http://www.newscientist.com/data/av/audio/article/dn16543/thomas_m_rebeli_larva.mp3 

http://www.newscientist.com/data/av/audio/article/dn16543/thomas_m_schencki_queen.mp3

" Congratulations" ... " Lastly "  !!!  YOU  ... WILL BECOME KNOW THAT ANTS HAVE VOICES ( OH, Cool I AM SORRY, I MEAN " very early " . ( EXCUSE ME PLEASE, Cool BECAUSE AS YOU KNOWN AS WE HAVE KNWON THAT BY HOLY QURA'N BEFORE 1429 YEARS AGO )

TAKE IT MY TEACHER, IT IS A FRESH NEWS Cool HAVE ENJOY :

1* http://news.google.com/news?q=ants&btnG=Search+News&hl=en

2* http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/ants-chatter-each-other-nests/story.aspx?guid=%7BEFE5A15D-C334-4355-9880-ECDB984370AA%7D&dist=msr_1

3* http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn16543-parasitic-butterflies-dupe-hosts-with-ant-music.html

06:30 PM Feb 06 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

what's thi all about?

07:55 PM Feb 06 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

i think to all athiest friends here…..

08:31 PM Feb 06 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Who cares?
Just because a verse resembles a medical theory by chance, we're all suppose to be jumping for joy at a sign of 'divine revelation'?
Just like the verse about the human foetus.  

08:49 PM Feb 06 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

don't you think there's a very big difference between "having voices" and communicating with sound?

Does the Koran also say that dogs, cats, birds and many many other creatures have voices?

My atheism remains strong despite this world-shattering news. 

10:05 PM Feb 06 2009 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Wow hekmer, you’re suddenly back with such a world shaking news. Welcome back again bro.
It’s a new thing for me for sure if you want to know my idea.
But maybe first of all you should explain to us about the logical explanation of quran’s delivering. Because I know that many people here want to show that islam is a logical religion.

10:54 PM Feb 06 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

hey hekmer, welcome back,

Can we start from where we had stopped?

04:12 AM Feb 07 2009 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

From what I can gather, this seems to be about Surah 27:18-19, where an ant talks to Solomon.  

At length, when they came to a valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."

So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which Thou has bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by They Grace to the ranks of Thy Righteous Servants."
—Sura An-Naml [The Ant] (27):18-19

Are you trying to claim that these articles prove that this Sura literally happened?  Because I don't think that they do.

On the other hand, if you are trying to claim that the Qur'an was uniquely inspired in revealing a scientific fact about ants, then again, I feel that the findings of science and the claims of this Sura bear not even a passing resemblance to each other, and in fact, science seems to further disprove the idea that this event in the Qur'an could have happened without some serious divine intervention, especially since I think the ants mentioned in this article are not native to the Middle East, but maybe I'm wrong.  

It should also be mentioned that similar stories of talking ants exist many hundreds of years prior to Islam, for example in Aesop's fables and in some Chinese religious expression.  

On a further note, while admittedly I am not aware of too much Islamic scholarship on this Sura, I really really think that most of the Ulama would heartily disapprove of you trying to use this Sura to convince an atheist of his mistake.  

If I got anything factually wrong in the above, please let me know.

10:03 AM Feb 07 2009 |

hekmer

hekmer

Saudi Arabia

WELCOME YOU MIKE, FIRST BEFORE ME , MY BRO.Embarassed,

WELCOME ALSO TO ALL OF YOU (BROTHERS AND FRIENDS) Embarassed,

SORRY FOR MY NON-SYSTEMATIC WAY Embarassed,

I RECOGNIZE I LACKED, AND I STILL HAVE LACKED ,

PERFECT COMMUNICATION SKILLS Cry ,

SO, PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES Embarassed .

THIS SUBJECT WE HAD DISCUSSED WITH GKISSEBERTH WHO HAD RAISED IT AS THE FIRST TIMEWHEN HE WROTE " In one part of the Koran a story is told about Solomon listening to the conversation of ants. Here is an English translation I found of the passages.

At length, when they came to a valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."

So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which Thou has bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by They Grace to the ranks of Thy Righteous Servants."
—Sura An-Naml [The Ant] (27):18-19

I think we all know that ants do not speak, and in fact they communicate primarily by scent, and make no sounds at all.

What is the explanation for this story? "

WHO WANT TO SEE THE ORIGINAL TOPIC, TAKE LOOKE HERE :

http://www.englishbaby.com/forum/LifeTalk/thread/155999?page=7

04:00 PM Feb 07 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

good synopsis hekmer, but I think your explanation is still as weak as ever.  I can't really add anything to what radunagi wrote above. fine job, sir.

04:19 PM Feb 07 2009 |