Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

Sonata Arctica

etery

etery

Finland

Have you ever heard about Sonata Arctica? It's a Finnish band. I discovered it for myself when I was in Finland. I think it's really good music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZg5Rek2y6o&feature=related - I Want Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5u95_2z3FY&feature=related - Last Drop Falls

08:00 PM Sep 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

ah ek

Mexico

what is the most metal genre being heard in your country?

12:22 AM Sep 11 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

I'm sorry I don't really know what's the most  metal genre being heard in Russia. You should ask someone else. As far as I'm concerned I like Sonata Arctica(as I said) and Nightwish(it's a Finnish band too). I would be grateful if you recommend me other bands which play such music. Because I like it very much.

03:16 PM Sep 11 2008 |

ah ek

Mexico

I DU NO ABOUT THEM BUT WHY DON´T YOU TRY TACTILE GEMMA, EPICA, IMPALED FOREST, MIDNADSOL OR LACUNA COIL? SOME FRIENDS THINK THEIR GOOD. ANYWAY, I HAVEN´T HEARD THOSE KIND OF BANDS, I´D RATHER BLACK OR DEATH IF YOU KNOW SOME DIFFERENT THAN CANNIBAL CORPSE, CREADLE, DIMMU, VADER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, SO WRITE ME

01:10 AM Sep 12 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

Ah ek, thank you for the recommendation. I didn't hear about those bands but I'll check them out.

I can recommend also Cradle of Filth. It's pretty dark.

07:19 PM Sep 15 2008 |

ah ek

Mexico

thnx for your recommendation. I was creadle´s fan for long time actually but not yet.  I´m looking for more underground options. I´ve heard satarial. It´s a medieval black metal band in your country and a death band rossamahar.  they are really grim and heavy.  I was thinking about you, some years ago  I used to listen power, doom, gothic, atmospheric, and dark metal, so then I can recommend you simphonic metal such as rapsody, kamelot, haggard, currently therion (they play metal with orchestra and operistic voices).  If you are looking for heavenly voices you should check Liv Kristine, after forever, deligth or the gathering, they are pretty good bands even.  I really hope you can find something about your likes, write if so, I always gotta some good options, take care.

12:14 AM Sep 16 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

Hi Nu Pogodi,

Thank you for the information.

Yes, I like Danny Elfman. I've never heard about Oingo Boingo before. I checked it out(thanks to you). I think it's good. But now it's not my cup of tea(as you said about power metal). I don't know how to explane what kind of music I really like. It depends on my mood. Sonata Arctica is the best for me now. But it doesn't mean I don't like other music. I'll try your playlist and if I like something I let you know.

Anyway, thank you. And you, ah ek.

Thank you friends!

12:54 PM Sep 16 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

Jacob, you are absolutely right about Finnish music. I like also Nightwish and Stratovarius.

09:17 PM Sep 18 2008 |

etery

etery

Finland

Hi Nu Pogodi,

Thanks for the links.

About what kind of music I like: it depends on song for me too. And on my mood. It's like love with first sight: you're listening  a  song and you like it or you don't like it or you're indifferent.

Usually I like energetic and desperate songs which go straight inside your soul.

The last song I liked very much was "Destiny"(Stratovarius)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB7dol-NtRY

01:18 PM Oct 12 2008 |

Lubov

Lubov

Russian Federation

WinkI've bought a ticket to their concert!!!!!!!! I like this group very much and will be happy to see them in 29 of november in my SanKt-Petersburg Smile

05:50 AM Oct 27 2008 |