Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Teacher Talk

How to Speak English Fluently - 7 secrets

andylu2

andylu2

Canada

A lot of my students ask me how to speak English fluently.  It's kind of a "buzz word" in non native speaking countries.  I've probably been asked it over 1000 times in my life.  I used to just say stuff like "practice more, don't be shy, learn new words and use them" but then I realized I was just being lazy and not really helping anyone with my advice.  I noticed some students could speak well while others almost made no improvement.  I finally decided to think carefully about what made the difference.

1.  Fluent English speakers study every day.  They are super consistent.  The students who study hard right before the test and then do nothing for the rest of the time never seem to speak well.

2.  Another thing I noticed is that students who learned how to speak fluently challenged themselves and didn't just follow the boring textbook.  They didn't make excuses about how boring the class was, and instead found some system that worked for them.  

There are a bunch of more things these "successful" students did and I spent the afternoon writing about it.  I wrote 7 articles that if you follow, you'll be able to speak like a native speaker soon.  Trust me.  How to Speak English Fluently

02:12 PM Aug 14 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

englishteacher24/7

United States

In other words, they immerse themselves in English.

Thanks for making the distinction and identifying the attributes of the serious student.  I enjoy reading your writings, keep up the good work!

06:42 AM Aug 26 2010 |

tariim

Morocco

i don’t knew what do you say but your topic is great

08:30 PM Aug 26 2010 |

xuxingBen

xuxingBen

China

Everyone know that more practising and listening makes perfect english,but not everyone can do it.The most important key to success is persisting doing.

01:56 AM Aug 27 2010 |

richeng

richeng

China

thank you ,my english is very poor

i will practice more

07:47 AM Aug 27 2010 |

yassar2010

yassar2010

Syrian Arab Republic

tank you a lot for your advice , and now i suggest that maybe we can make a conversation or chating with the guy's and girl's here and this will devlope our language , and im waiting for anybody want's to chat with me in english and this is my yahoo massenger id :

it's seems difecult to show my email adress and i dont why!!! but try to contact me on the face book

thank you

yassar

01:34 PM Aug 28 2010 |

yassar2010

yassar2010

Syrian Arab Republic

01:38 PM Aug 28 2010 |

bisho94

bisho94

Greece

good

10:14 PM Aug 28 2010 |

oberstowen

Ghana

Practice makes a man perfect! But no one is perfect in this world, then why practice? "LOL" But honestly, Practice is important because it takes us towards perfection.

03:29 PM Aug 29 2010 |

genghong liu

United States

teacher

04:56 AM Aug 31 2010 |

phalsothea

Cambodia

How i can speak English well?

I am really want to speak English so much.

07:41 AM Sep 01 2010 |