Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

About Tense

Murahari Parajuli

Nepal

I have to write a periodic (monthly, weekly) report . Its about Stock Excahnge's trading . In this situation which tense should I 've to use . I'll be grateful if someone helps to overcome this problem . Please do not forget to give examlpe. I mean, I need example of sentence in required tense . 

Thank You

Murahari  

10:07 AM Jan 23 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Stacy Dan

Stacy Dan

Australia

Well,the tense should depend on what sort of thing it is,whether it is a piece of done work,or something being done ,and maybe something other that you have to do next,then you have to think about them,which tense you should use while writing.Take the following sentences for instance,  We have done a lot of business for the past week,,such as being exchanged many goods,and something other merchandise,and still,we have contracted with the foreign corporation about the next business,that is how the goods in stock to be exchanged in the following days.

Well,to conclude,i'd like to tell you that all the sentences are depend on the tense that you use in the report,and what is more,you really have to know when the exchange is done  or when it is to be done,so next it remains to be quite easy,just make sure the business was done before you write this report or after this report,so you will never make mistakes once you positive about it. 

10:58 AM Jan 23 2008 |

nad1a

nad1a

Greece

Whoa! Quite a conclusion!

11:08 PM Jan 23 2008 |

nad1a

nad1a

Greece

Sorry to interrupt your seminar but a 5-mile one-sentence paragraph is somewhat unacceptable for any kind of write-up, not to mention a report. Keep it compact and straight to the point.

11:08 PM Jan 23 2008 |

tiffintime

tiffintime

Sri Lanka

Well, I am not really shocked. I have got letters from lawyers that are longer and more convoluted than this.

06:50 AM Jan 24 2008 |

nad1a

nad1a

Greece

It gives you a headache. Before you reach the end, you forget the beginning. And the one reading it will be like “Ok, so… is he for or against? “

10:59 AM Jan 24 2008 |