Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Tips on learning language quickly.

ghost_stalker

United States

Hi my name is Patrick and I live in the USA. I am a senior in high school and have taken casic spanish,japanese, and german courses. ( I think i was most interested in Japanese, because it comes from a different language rott while german and spanish are based on latin)
I would like all of you to share methods of learning language that other people might find useful.
A couple of things that help me learn are.
1. If a language is only repeated to me and doesnt cause me to think about it, learning a language becomes alot harder.
2. Another thing that helps me to learn is intelligent exposure, I learn alot faster if I can hear or read the material myself without being given an interpretation.

04:06 AM Apr 06 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

mmahfeli

mmahfeli

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

I  suggest the best way to learn a language is to experience it.to feel it.We should cry, smile, get angry and express ourselves in some way. otherwise the words and expressions are not practical and dead. I really appreciate your helping me with finding better ways of learning and teaching a new language.

05:22 PM May 16 2008 |

michelle14andrew

Philippines

get somebody who speaks the language…

10:44 PM May 17 2008 |

Maverick83

India

I agree that everything in beginning is too hard.

According to me best way to learn a language is to watch movies in that language especially with sub titles on.

Chat more more in this blog. 

04:27 AM May 18 2008 |

nichol147

nichol147

Malaysia

i think even you have a lot of money,go and travelling in the others country and study or stay  in there.Find your friends and practise.

09:31 AM May 18 2008 |

flyingnbj

flyingnbj

Tunisia

Talk, tal, talk even with yourself, according to a german survey talking is much better than just hearing the language.

07:08 AM Aug 21 2008 |