Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Zengzi Kill chicken

Aforest

China

One fine morning, the wife of a man name Zengzi had her toilette done, wearing a new suit of blue clothes and ready to go shopping.Just a few steps after she went out of the door, her son ran to her crying aloud and wanted to go together.

Because it is not convenient to go to the far bazaar with a little kid,the wife then said to his son:" Stay at home, i will come back soon after i buy stuff. I know you like chicken cooked with sauce. I will make this food for you when i come back." Her word worked. Her son calmed down at once and watched her mother leaving away.
    When the wife came home, just before she walked into home she heart the sound of catching chicken. Zengzi was preparing to kill a chicken for a delicious food for his son. She hurry to his husband saying:"We just raise a few chickens, only killing them on holidays. How can you take what i said to kid serious?"

Zengzi said:" no lies in front of kid. He is too young, knowing nothing. He learns knowledge from us. If we now tell lies to kid, this means we are teaching kid how to cheat others. Although you can cheat kid this time, he will never trust you next time after knowing the truth. In this way, we have a lot of difficulties in educating out kid."

The wife felt husband's was reasonable, and helped husband kill chicken and made a good food.

01:01 PM Sep 07 2008 |