Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

do you believe in god

karam/

karam/

Syrian Arab Republic

do you think that god is exist?.......why do u think that?

be open mind  and let us share our thoughts about this complex subject.

09:22 AM Sep 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

strawberry

Kuwait

okay that's good ;)

12:49 AM Sep 22 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

to get back on topic… :)

the difference between alive ppl and dead ppl is the presence of the soul .

I don't agree, In my opinion the main difference is that dead people have no functioning organs. For example, their hearts don't beat.

we can not see the soul .. it's like the mind .. we believe we have soul and mind although we don't see or touch them..

I don't believe in souls. 

in the world there are so many soul things  .. we can know them from their affect and influence ..

Like what? I don't know what you mean by soul things, can you give me an example?

it's exactly the same in case of presence of the god .. i believe in god cuz i can feel his affect ..

Interesting, what exactly do you feel than? When do you feel it? And how do you know what you feel is God? Does it feel good?

12:53 AM Sep 22 2008 |

strawberry

Kuwait

I don't agree, In my opinion the main difference is that dead people have no functioning organs. For example, their hearts don't beat.

okay , why dead ppl don't have functioning orgarns and why their hearts don't beat?! although before one houre of the death they have functioning organs and their hearts beet ?!

I don't believe in souls. 

u don't believe in souls but u believe that u have a mind ?! how ?! 

Like what? I don't know what you mean by soul things, can you give me an example?

love , hate , happiness are examples of soul things ,, u can not see or touch them but u feel them ..

Interesting, what exactly do you feel than? When do you feel it? And how do you know what you feel is God? Does it feel good?

i feel it when i pray,cuz  when i pray i am connected to the god and sure it's a good feeling ..

it's logicaly, whatever is created must have creator, isn't it?

01:18 AM Sep 22 2008 |

SadWing

SadWing

Chile

Good point, But

01:43 AM Sep 22 2008 |

SadWing

SadWing

Chile

a creator take care of his creation

01:43 AM Sep 22 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I'm not sure about fairies G, I think they exist… you just have to believe…

Do they drink Red Bull?

02:08 AM Sep 22 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

love , hate , happiness are examples of soul things ,, u can not see or touch them but u feel them ..

emotions are a product of the mind.

Like oonah, I don't believe there is such a thing as a soul. Not at least in terms of something that is separate from the body and exists after the body is dead.

02:18 AM Sep 22 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

Do they drink Red Bull?

They have wings, don't they? :)

02:19 AM Sep 22 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

okay , why dead ppl don't have functioning orgarns and why their hearts don't beat?! although before one houre of the death they have functioning organs and their hearts beet ?!

Organ failure can occur when the brain gets no oxygen or because you get hit by a truck or you have a heart attack or a shark eats you.

u don't believe in souls but u believe that u have a mind ?! how ?!

If you mean a brain, yes I have a brain. I don't believe there is a soul, I think that is fiction. 

i feel it when i pray,cuz  when i pray i am connected to the god and sure it's a good feeling ..

I think praying is a form of meditating, you can get in a trance if you practice it.

it's logicaly, whatever is created must have creator, isn't it?

Sure, but I don't think we are created, I think we evolved.

02:42 AM Sep 22 2008 |

oonah

oonah

Germany

im sure  that God will help her 
  to happy in  live and  to be healthy

That's what she says too.

yea but my  teacher Not  mad  and Not   genuis as well

Luckily, let's say he is sane, just like you and me than. :)

02:51 AM Sep 22 2008 |