Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Is Communism a good thing or a bad thing?(In a economic way)

javamanju

javamanju

India

PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING

Until a few months back I had very bad views on communism. After seeing seeing the preset developments in the global economy I am having second thoughts now.

The reason for changing my minds were –

1) In the present global downturn, Indian banks and financial institutions have weathered the financial storm. This is thanks to the the govt controlled and regulated banking system in India. This has helped absorb the strains.

2) Tata-AIG is an Isurance agency , with AIG having23% stake. The Govt wanted to increase the FDI cap to 50%, the communists being part of the Govt, oppsed it and the "reform"did not happen. If the The reformed had gone on to see the light of day, TATA-AIG would have been in soup.

3) Devlopment in Kerala. Kerala a state in India, were the communists for the first time elected democratically in the world.The social development is really good, has 100% literacy, life expecteancy is 80+ years, has 1024:1000 women to man sex ratio.

4) China – Forget about tall rising buildings, China can show good figures in agricultural sector. many scientific methods have been implemented, and has better land to produce ratio than US.Living standerd of farmers is higher than compared to india.

5) they could bring about job security!!

on the flip side,

Communists are against religion, and can be very opperessive. In india they are natorious for thier "striks"(industrial lock downs). Party officials becomre richer and people in general poorer. 

Now the question are communists  a necessary evil?

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND

This is not about one party repressive  "communist" style functioning that functioned in Russia. 

Please Keep religion off this discussion

Disclaimer :  I am not a communist.

04:15 PM Oct 20 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Why don't muslim ppl like communism…Becoz they think that comunism againt to ISLAM..

first commusnism is not just against islam, its against all religions, otherwise, it is not the only reason that muslims and non-muslims and most of athiests don't like communism it is for many reasons. read the history of the communism and look at the people in the current communist countries and you will know why.

Nobody has to like me or my religion..But everyone has to respect me and my religion,ISLAM…

i don't think if communism has been applied that it will respect you or your religion.

05:37 PM Oct 25 2008 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

Note: "Why ppl always get me wronge…I didn't say that I believe in Science. and i am atheist"

if you meant me sorry but i didn't get you wrong! i didn't say that you are athiest maybe you are more muslim than me Laughing

05:46 PM Oct 25 2008 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Memocan Im :)

Kardeş..Sen boşwer… Ben takıntılı biri olabilirim..ama duyarsız deilim..!

oldumu !

M_honor

I am not trying to be a muslim… To be human is more important than to be muslim..

And i never said that i will go to the Heaven!

Allah knows!

06:54 PM Oct 27 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@lilimira

it's not a democratic way to prohibit any talk in the world.

When i said don't bring religion here, it was a request

@M_honor

there is nothing new in what you have said!! other civilizations have also talked about it. I will  mail you on this  soon. ( i am busy today though).

04:33 AM Oct 28 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@can_i_cry

you will be intrested in this:-

"I am a Communist who believes in God'

http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/oct/15inter.htm

It is about a member of parliment(Indian) who is from the communists party of India,

04:43 AM Oct 28 2008 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

To Can I Cry:

I am not trying to be a muslim… To be human is more important than to be muslim.. !!!!!!

do you mean if you try to be muslim in that way you will not be a human!! we r talking about disadvantages of communism for the humanity!

And i never said that i will go to the Heaven! Allah knows.

really CanICry i can't understand you! what the relationship between that and our subject?! did i say that you said you will go to heaven or hell?!

to Java,

there is nothing new in what you have said!!

just i want you to ask your self how could Muhammed knew all this information, anyway i am waiting your emails.

07:02 AM Oct 28 2008 |

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

java,it's ok for me.but, it sounded like prohibition.

i agree with levicantu.comunism has too much things against our interests and human natures and that leads straight to frustration .men want to have  their own choices,to venture and assume the result.

05:05 PM Oct 28 2008 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

levicantu, Please, explain to me more understandably what the reason you dislike communism is. Dostoevky too hard for me.

09:35 PM Oct 29 2008 |

konstka

konstka

Russian Federation

Привет, levicantu! 

Communism, as any other conception of an ideal society, is utopia. The people must change itself to be ready to build such society. Human frailties impedes that. 

So, granting that Mensheviks and Bolsheviks are members of the same political party, Russian Social Democratic Working Party, I can draw conclusion you are communist. Laughing

08:01 PM Oct 30 2008 |