Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

DO YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ON THIS SITE ( EBABY)?

Sina16

Sina16

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Hi,

hope you don't have any ,but i have some:

1. I can't upload new pictures in my Album.

2. I have to wait about 5 minutes to open each page here (newly).

I have checked the other sites ,they open just in 1 or tow secounds.

3. I have to click many times the Approve botton

to approve the comments on my page.

wish the administrators see these problems & try to solve them.

I have to thanks them before their efforts & Actions on these issues .

regards

07:28 AM Sep 21 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Sina, I don't think it helps to answer every single post. I know you started the thread, so you're kind of the 'host' but just let people post their problems and maybe someone can help them. I'm not sure that your standard answer really helps anyone. 

I'll take a look at adding pics to see if there is something wrong that I can identify. I have noticed that most of the new people don't have profile pics so maybe there is something wrong there. I can edit my profile just as I could previously but I haven't tried to add more photos yet. I'll do that later today.

Right now, I have two problems with Ebaby. The first is the CAPTCHA thing that I have written about before. This isn't new to Ebaby, it's been around a long time. It is supposed to get rid of spammers but I am still getting spam letters almost every day. I don't think this CAPTCHA thing works at all for spammers but it does get in the way of contacting new memebers who might need help. If someone is learning English, the CAPTCHA screen is VERY hard to read and it impedes the openness that made Ebaby so nice before.

The second thing is that these forums are very hard to find. Of course the site is trying to make people pay money for Pro memberships and selling ads but the forums are a vital part of Ebaby. Hiding them doesn't help. If Ebaby loses its membership base, then the ads won't get the views and the hits that are needed to support the site. I'm not sure the new design is very well thought out.

Thanks to Sina for starting this topic.  

11:10 AM Oct 09 2009 |

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

thanks dear mapleleafman for your comment & ur nice advice.

as you know my answers help the topic will remain alive in the furoms so …

but as u want ,sure i will be silent .

hope it can help to solve the problems.

your welcome.

regards

11:21 AM Oct 09 2009 |

Mapleleaf Man

Canada

Yes, Sina, I see your point but a Thanks now and then as a reply would do the same. Just an opinion! :)

Ok, the picture upload is totally screwed up. I tried a jpg, a gif as well as a jpeg (same file just renamed) and none would upload. But I did change my profile picture, no problem. I also edited my profile this morning to add my new video on youtube and that worked fine. As you say, there are bugs in the system I think but I'll write something about the profile pics so that people can learn how to upload their pictures to their profile. It makes the place much more alive and fun.  

11:55 AM Oct 09 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

sina its not a joke,

try the Japanese side of ebaby http://jp.englishbaby.com

but remember where are the button for "log in" and where are the button for "life talk" the Japanese layout is the same as the english one

Smile

the new side runs on my vista laptop better….but i have my old problem only ebaby cut sometimes my wlan line when i am loged in.when i am not logged in i have no problems with the ebaby side.

this posting i wrote from the japanese side

12:05 PM Oct 09 2009 |

Sina16

Sina16

Hi,

thnaks a lot for your efforts to solve the problems.

but i have some new problems here again :

1. the speed of the site is so slow ,as slow as i can't do the stuff here regularly!!!!!

SlowInternet2.png image by deanward2003

2. the counter of comments on my pics is incorrect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

02:10 PM Oct 13 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

maybe the webmaster will educate you to write not so much critical commentsSmileSmileSmile

don't give up,when i write about heavenInnocent and dust the ebaby side is running well but when i write political comment the speed go downSealedor  now is the new side better for my vista program

06:39 PM Oct 13 2009 |

violet166

violet166

Poland

yeah! I have problem. I use opera as browser and I can't write and add there comments.. just there isn't a window where I can write comments.. :/ and now, I have to write using mozilla firefox…:/

08:02 PM Oct 13 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

i don't like the browser window internet explorer very much, but by copy working links is the result better as by firefox

07:33 AM Oct 14 2009 |

chansonchen

China

i thought these prolbems only happen to me. besides, i have another question, why can't i change my E-mail address without changing my username?

09:08 AM Oct 14 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

Ebaby is slow…!!!!!!Frown

yes it was, but now it runs well on my computerSmile

11:26 AM Oct 16 2009 |