Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What do you think of religion(especially Islam)?

Asian man

Asian man

China

What do you think of religion? play an active or a passive role? Somebody says that radical Islamites are the biggest trouble makers ,do you agree that? As to me , I don't believe any religion,but have no objection to other's believing in anything that was not harmful to stability of society

12:32 AM Mar 31 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

I think that religion must play a passive role in society, I think that religion is a personal belief and every one has the right to practice it in his privacy and show it to others if they want, nevertheless I also think that the State, the education system, the laws and the judges must be laic. I think that it give us the guarentee that the society will progress without the restriccions of the ancient beliefs of a religion and it will answer to the needs of the current days. Religion impedes the social progress and often the scientific progress.

When I say religion, I 'm not refering to the values or ethic of something, I mean the Institutionalized religions…I don't know if I believe or not In God, what I'm sure is that I don't believe in "important persons" which tells everybody what God says or it means (muslim imans, christian bishops etc)

regards 

12:20 PM Mar 31 2010 |

Asian man

Asian man

China

I can't agree more

12:58 PM Mar 31 2010 |

mermaid.

mermaid.

Turkey

salam Asian Man;

wanna ask you something ? what if you believe in something that there is a creator , Allah / God whatever it is, dont you ever think you would be happy,satidfied and feel safe  ?? ı wonder when you get bored , depressed or feel happyto whom you thank or to whom you ask for some help friend ? ı strongly advise you to believe in Islam , maybe not believe for now but read some islamic reliable  articals maybe the best one of course Quran dear;or if you think that it would be boring to read ,just try to listen or watch some videos (about muslims, about the ones who return to Islam. maybe you can find your answers to these questions then

thank you for your time .

06:36 AM Apr 01 2010 |

Asian man

Asian man

China

I am very clear what you have said ,but it's a little absurd for me to believe in god that was only a imagination creation. The gods most of Chinese worship were almost historic characters ,such as famous poets ,heros ,decent  politicians .

06:49 AM Apr 01 2010 |

Asian man

Asian man

China

All these historic characters have  good virtues that people should learn and have

06:53 AM Apr 01 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

well it seems more absurd to think that we came out of nothing… 

06:53 AM Apr 01 2010 |

Asian man

Asian man

China

The law of China has guaranteed everybody has a freedom to believe in any faith that  is not considered as evil organization,but there is a prejudice that youngsters who believes in religion are thought as conservatives

07:03 AM Apr 01 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

cmon, you dont really believe that, do you?

Of course you have religius freedom in China, but in China, not in East Turkestan or Tibet.

07:24 AM Apr 01 2010 |

Asian man

Asian man

China

I must say something necessary  to you, Tibet is one part of China .In our country ,minorities usually can get more profits from goveronment policy, for instance,I have two elder brother while more than one child is not allowed in han people families

09:17 AM Apr 01 2010 |

mermaid.

mermaid.

Turkey

yeah you must be clever ; ı havent said anything about your intelligence friend. and also yeah sure you can understand it cause Islam is such an understandable religion that everyone(who is has some wisdom)can understand it.p.s: there is no need to attack ,ı m just answerin cause you said there you wanna know about it.  okey :)now you said that you find it absurd to believe in God that is an imaginary creation.And you find this absurd but you dont find it extremely nonsense to believe in someones who are "mortal humanbeings "just lıke you/me /everyone. because of what? cause they are just successful maybe more harwordkıng and clever than you and the others.:S:S and you prefer to believe  and see them(just the individuals lıke you) much more qualified,superior than you.  yeah dear we are also as believers and humanbeings respect and lıke the clever people's(maybe the artists, the poets..) works but we dont see them as God cause in fact no one is superior to another;and no need to feel belittled by anyone. and also they are the ones who are created by God/Allh only. ıf you think that they are the God then why they are mortal just lıke you ,why they die,be ill,have to work for money (just lıke everyone do;they can create right if they are God they can do everything :S:S) dont you think so ?and when you need help , which one do you think is the better god?:S and which one can help you much and feel you safe.? how do you pray them ? saying which /what kind of prays? do you have a reliable holy book that in which you can find all the answers to your questions ?dear ı ll just send you a link please click it and maybe you can find the answer ;) okey cause ı said too much. here is the verses of Ar-Rahman surah :http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Holy_Qur%27an/Al-Rahman (hope you read;not gonna take your time dear ıt ıs short)and you can listen and at the same time read the english translation of it:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlSs8Jltxgc&feature=relatedhope you watch and think about the (real)verses ; take care friend again thanks much for your time and this topic.

09:38 AM Apr 01 2010 |