Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Kids say the darnest things

Nasim

Nasim

India

A little girl returned from school and found her grandma and said to her “Granny granny, I today learnt in school how to make babies.”
The old woman was horrified thinking of sex education to such little kids.
Then the girl said “You take out the ‘y’ and add ‘ies’. Thats how you make the plural.”

04:08 AM May 29 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

My true story may not be worth the "darn", but nevertheless worth the fun!

In one of the Senior Montessori entrance tests that I helped conducting last week:

(Maths portion)

Lovely: Reem, what comes after thirty nine?

Reem: Thirty TEN!

Laughing

05:05 AM May 30 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Lol. :p that reminds me of an incident that happened to me while I was in standard 2. I didn’t want to go to school that day but dad made me go. Since I didn’t feel like it I couldn’t focus I was just lost in thoughts and thinking of home. My teacher marked my absent mindedness and came up to to me and asked me if I were fine. I cried out “Mom mom I want to go home.” and grabbed her legs. The whole class was in splits and then I realized it was my language teacher. Lmao. That day I cried till they dropped me home.

12:18 PM May 30 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Those riddles are cute :) and what do you mean by ‘have the same feeling towards school’? You mean being afraid of it? No, I was just an erratic kid. Lol. Sometimes I just decided not to go to class that day, and it had to be so. If they forcibly sent me, I’d either use some excuse to get out or cry at the top of my voice till they let me out. Lol

06:45 PM Jun 01 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

A standard 1 kid was sitting alone, trying to get on his shoes. A lady teacher who had had a rough day and just had a fight with the principal happened to pass by. The kid asked her to help. Even though she felt like bitching, she decided to help him.
After ten minutes of struggle the shoes were finally on. But then he said “But ma’am, they’re on the wrong feet.” sure enough the shoes were swapped. Her anger was aggravated but still she struggled to get the shoes out and put them right, which was not without a lot of pain either. When they were on he said “you know ma’am these are not my shoes.” she felt like exploding but she kept her cool, got them out and asked him in which shoes he came to school then. And he replied in an innocent tone “I came in these shoes, but they’re my brother’s. Mom made me wear them today.” her bitchiness was on the last line but she thought to herself ‘this is the last time.’ and then redid the shoes. Then asked him “Where are your mittens”, “I tucked them in the toes of my shoes.” he replied. Guess what the poor lady did. Lol

06:56 PM Jun 01 2010 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

An atheist and a Christian were neighbors. The Christian lady had a little daughter while the atheist guy was unmarried.
Now this lady used to go before the house of this atheist every morning. “Lord thou art great. Please have pity on my neighbor.” and the atheist howled back “There is no God.”
now it happened so that the pious lady fell in financial straits and had no money to buy groceries. As usual she went before the atheist’s house and did the regular thing, then prayed to God to send her the groceries she needed.
Next day she went to yell at her neighbor again when she found the required groceries in a bag. So she picks it up and thanked the Lord loudly. The atheist who was hiding in a bush, jumped out “Ha, your Lord doesn’t exist. i brought those groceries.” the lady didn’t know how to tackle this but her little daughter standing by the gate shouted “O Lord, thou art indeed great. Not only did you send us our necessities, but you even made the devil pay for it.”
PS-I’m atheist. Lol

06:42 PM Jun 03 2010 |

Lovely Fabian

United Arab Emirates

How about a story about between a Christian and a Muslim? Aww.. That will be more exciting..

04:29 AM Jun 05 2010 |